Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Exciting News

So here´s an email I just received from IATEFL Chile:

"Dear Daniel,


Thank you very much for submitting your proposal to the IATEFL IV Regional Conference 2013 in Valdivia.

We are pleased to tell you that our panel of reviewers has approved your presentation for inclusion in the conference and we very much look forward to seeing you at Universidad Austral de Chile in June."

I love conferences and opportunities to network and develop professionally, and I´m really excited.  There are so many language teachers out there that have great ideas and want to share and improve their teaching practice, and IATEFL (The International Association for the Teaching of Foreign Languages) Chile is the perfect venue to do that.

In order to attend this conference, I'll be taking an overnight bus from Santiago to Valdivia.  Flights to Valdivia seem to be pretty scarce, and there aren't any available the dates that I need.  I've found a nice bed and breakfast that I'll stay at during my time there. Now I have to decide if I want to do the 12 hour bus ride back again overnight on Saturday night or if I prefer to leave on Sunday morning to get back to Santiago on Sunday night.

Well enough about worrying about that now!  Time to enjoy the good news and celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you congratulations and best of luck with your presentation! I'm super excited to hear how it went when you're back in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phoenix! I´m excited about it and I´ll tell you all about it when I´m back. Perhaps over a gringo breakfast. ;-)

    ReplyDelete