Monday, June 21, 2010

More World Cup Fever

So today was Chile's 2nd game in the World Cup.  They played against Switzerland, and they won.  I heard stories about riots in Plaza Italia and the police using teargas in order to keep the crowds calm.  Part of me wishes I was there, but part of me doesn't.  Then I found this article online:

http://www.thepulse.cl/2010/06/21/disturbances-in-plaza-italia/

Then I was glad I wasn't there.

At school we watched the game in the gym since it was on at 10 AM here.  Here are some pictures:

Now it will be interesting to see how Chile does when they play Spain on Friday at 2:30.

In other news, I am loving teaching English classes to business people.  I started working for an institute here that sends teachers to companies to teach English to their employees, and they all have been very motivated to learn.  I am currently teaching at Johnson and Johnson's headquarters in Santiago, and the institute also has clients like LAN airlines, Chiquita, BanChile, and even the Chilean government.  I started one class already and will have another two new classes this week.

I am also contemplating joining a gym.  While I am walking to and from school, I feel like I need more exercise.  There is a gym that is about a 20 minute walk from my place, and it's open 24/7.  It has the standard classes and enough equipment to work out, and there's an online special of about $24 per month if you sign up for a year.  I am planning on being here for next year, so I am really considering it.  Oh yeah, and when you work out on the 3rd floor you have an amazing view of the Andes.

And becuase I'm a dork I had to take a picture of this as I was leaving class at Johnson and Johnson tonight:

No comments:

Post a Comment