Tuesday, August 10, 2010

6 months???

OK, so I have a question for everyone:

How in the world has 6 months gone by already?

It reminds me of a Peanuts comic in which Linus says to Charlie Brown, "Our summer vacation is slipping away from us like grains of sand between our fingers!"

6 months ago I was sitting in the JFK airport in the middle of a snowstorm praying my flight would not be cancelled.  I arrived in Rio to 105 degree temperatures plus humidity.

Now I am sitting in my apartment in Santiago, back in winter again.

Being here 6 months means that I only have a little over 4 months left before I fly back for Christmas.  For those of you that don't know, my flight leaves from Santiago December 20th, but I will arrive in JFK at 5:30 AM on December 21st.

I feel that I will not be ready to go back to the States for good after my stay here, so I am already saving up for a plane ticket so that I can come back again in February of 2011.  I will be able to keep teaching English here, and I will make enough money that I will be able to live comfortably.

Don't get me wrong.  I am definiltey looking forward to coming home for the holidays, seeing family and friends, and enjoying the things I miss from home.  At the same time, I am getting into a rhythm here, and I feel like I am learning so much about myself but also so much about teaching languages with my job here.  Only having four more months would cut such a great experience way too short.

Well, time for me to get ready for bed and prepare for another day of teaching tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment