Thursday, March 10, 2011

Settling Back In and Random Thoughts

I find it hard to believe that it is March already.
As I type this I have my apartment window open, and there is a slight breeze coming in.  I am also able to hear the Shakira concert taking place at the Estadio Nacional, which is about a ten minute walk from my apartment.

Santiago is quickly becoming a hotspot for concerts. This month alone U2, Iron Maiden, The Backstreet Boys, and  Ozzy Osbourne will be playing in Santiago.  Not to mention Lollapalooza is taking place the first weekend of April here.

The weather is starting to cool down a bit, and I was warm but not too warm as I settled back in to teaching and wearing dress shirts and ties.  It's a nice time since the heat is no longer overbearing as it was in the summer.  I started a few new classes this week, and they look like they will be enjoyable.  They all seem like nice guys and have a solid foundation of English.  One of them seems like a bit of a jokester, so he will help keep one class light-hearted.  The other class had students that seemed a bit on the serious side, but they are big soccer fans, so that will keep class interesting.

I am settling back into my life here.  Most of my apartment is now furnished, and after about 2 weeks of waiting I got wifi installed.  I found a nice faux leather sofa with 2 Ottomans (each with storage underneath) for about $180, and I also got a high efficiency fridge too.  I found another branch of my gym that is a 5 minute walk from my apartment, and I am getting back into a routine.  I've started making my way back to the Magic stores, and it's a nice feeling seeing the people I know there and being considered a semi-regular there.

Most people reading this would disagree, but other than that, my life has been pretty boring lately.  I'm looking forward to getting a full work schedule and settling into a routine to break up the excessive random free time I have now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment