Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Earthquake

So there was another earthquake here today.

I was sitting in English class teaching a one on one class.  The ground started to shake, and my student smiled at me and said in English, "It's an earthquake".  I gave him a serious look and was a bit nervous and he said to me in English, "The ground is shaking."

After about 20 seconds or so everything stopped shaking.

In my next class we talked about the earthquake, and I leared it happened at 12:36 PM and was a 5.3 on the Richter scale.  The epicenter was Curico, which is about 100 km (I think) from Santiago.  It ended up being the perfect way to introduce the past progressive:

What were you doing when the earthquake happened?

I was teaching a class and speaking English.

Facebook is down and so I can't post an update there.  I called home to let my dad know I am fine.  Now I'm off to teach another class.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment